The action is a part of call control. It has a logistical or technical effect on a components group. This may be the printing of a components list or the creation of a delivery, for example. You can define the internal processing status of the components group for which an action is permitted and the internal processing status the components group is to receive once the action has been carried out. Actions can be triggered by:
- An incoming JIT call by EDI and an external status change.
- A user dialog in the system, such as a progress confirmation.
- You define the possible actions in Customizing for JIT Inbound. You can use the standard actions provided or define your own actions. If the actions you have defined yourself:
- Simply cause a change in the internal processing status, you can enter them in Customizing in the table.
- Trigger a function as well as changing the internal processing status, you can use a customer exit.
- You define the possible actions in Customizing for JIT Outbound. Internal actions can only be triggered when you receive a call by EDI or with internal system activities and not in a user dialog.
- You can also interlink actions in Customizing. The system then carries out two or more actions together.
The system provides the following actions as standard
(the code of actions kept in the functional modules):
|Actions for Creating and Changing|
|CREA||Create JIT call||The system creates the call in the system and arranges it in the call structure. This action is usually triggered by a forecast signal from the OEM.|
|MODI||Change JIT call (total)||The system changes the total call.
The action MODI is contained in action PIN. See also: Action PIN.
|MODH||Change call (call header and components group)||With the external status change, for example, the system changes only the call header and the components groups.|